Agrarian Reform Beneficiary Organizations (ARBO) in Sarangani, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao, and Lanao del Sur Provinces remain covid free. This is the result of the ARBO covid-19 quick assessment conducted by SEDPI on April 20-24, 2020.
While some ARBOs have completely stopped operations, 36% or ten (10) out of twenty-eight (28) participating ARBOs continue to provide services to farmers in their communities. These services include irrigation, farm machinery rental, catfish culture, animal dispersal, and farm monitoring.
ARBO farmer members still manage their individual farms. However, due to the strict implementation of the community quarantine, senior citizen farmers are unable to do so.
Pambansang Mananalon, Mag-uuma, Magbabaul, Magsasakang Pilipinas, Inc. Farmers Association (P4MP-FA) of Upper Katungal in Tacurong City, reported that they have temporarily stopped their microfinance services since members failed to pay their dues due to the lockdown. At the same time, the farmers’ economic activity is put on hold because of restrictions in selling produce and other goods in the market.
During this quarantine period, some ARBO members in Cotabato, Maguindanao, and Lanao del Sur have volunteered in the Bantay Covid initiatives of their barangays by manning border outposts.
One ARBO in Sarangani, Alkikan Vegetables Growers Association (ALVEGA), continues to consolidate vegetables funnelling it to a local bagsakan and a huge grocery in General Santos City. On the other hand, Upper Biangan Farmers Association (UBFA) who offers micro insurance services has twice provided relief goods and cash assistance to their members. Only three (3) of the twenty-eight (28) ARBOs have received assistance as an organization from their local barangay and municipal government.
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Mga bagay na dapat mong malaman sa insurance
Mga iba pang babasahin tungkol sa insurance:
- Iba’t-ibang klase ng insurance
- Must-have insurance for people in their 30s
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 1)
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 2)
- Anong insurance dapat mayroon ang mga bata?
- Gusto kong paghandaan ang future ng anak ko, tama bang investment-linked insurance ang kinuha ko?
- Paano gumagana ang ibinabayad na premium sa insurance para mabigyan tayo ng proteksyon sa panahon ng emergency
- Kung akala mo insurance ang education plan, basahin mo ito
- Insurance para sa mahirap
- Bakit mahal ang VUL o investment-linked insurance
Mga bagay na dapat mong iwasan sa insurance
Ito ang listahan ng mga articles na isinulat ko at videos na nagawa ko tungkol sa VUL para makakuha tayo ng mas sulit at mas epektibong insurance coverage.
- Bakit mahal ang VUL?
- Bakit mas maganda ang BTID kaysa VUL?
- Epektibong paggawa ng BTID upang masulit ang pinaghirapang pera sa insurance at investment
- Paanong mas maliit ang fund value sa VUL kaysa sa BTID?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL kasi protected ka nito beyond 65 years old compared to term?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL para sa estate taxes?
- Why Not VUL?
- Anong gagawin ko kung may VUL na ako? Paano ko ito ititigil?
- Pagkakaiba ng savings sa VUL
- Mga terms and conditions na kailangang hanapin kung bibili ng VUL
- Paano pumili ng mabuting insurance agent
Different kinds of investments
Preparing for retirement
How are articles on retirement
- 10 Commandments of retirement
- Mga kinakatakutan ng retirees at paano ito paghahandaan
- Magkano ang matatanggap mong SSS pension upon retirement
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter