“I found Vince Rapisura on Facebook and he constantly discusses being a social investor. Through him, I learned that investing can create more value than just mere profit. We can select investments that have a conscious goal of making a positive impact on society,” said a social investor in an online forum.
Impact investing are investments made to companies, organizations and funds with the intention to generate a measurable, beneficial social or environmental impact alongside a financial return. In 2019, SEDPI was able to facilitate several fora in different countries on impact investing. The fora provided alternative investments that have positive impact in the quality of life of marginalized communities in the Philippines.
Furthermore, it provided avenues on how Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) could participate in impact investing while protecting their wealth and achieve their financial dreams. Vince Rapisura, president of SEDPI, shared his investments in social enterprises and microfinance institutions and elaborated on how OFWs can participate in these investments. He also showed the financial performance, social impact and repayment history of each investment option.
SEDPI’s impact investing fora were able to reach more than 900 participants in major cities around the world including Hong Kong, Milan, Rome, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Macau, Tokyo, Singapore, Doha, Madrid, and Barcelona. It was able to gain new social investors and supporters by helping OFWs focus their attention not only in making profits but also putting social and environmental indicators when makinh financial decisions.
Vince Rapisura always reminded social investors, “Impact investing is investing with a heart.” SEDPI will further its engagements with OFWs as well as with other organizations to reach more investors for its ventures that surely has positive impact in poor communities in the Philippines and in the society, in general.
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Mga bagay na dapat mong malaman sa insurance
Mga iba pang babasahin tungkol sa insurance:
- Iba’t-ibang klase ng insurance
- Must-have insurance for people in their 30s
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 1)
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 2)
- Anong insurance dapat mayroon ang mga bata?
- Gusto kong paghandaan ang future ng anak ko, tama bang investment-linked insurance ang kinuha ko?
- Paano gumagana ang ibinabayad na premium sa insurance para mabigyan tayo ng proteksyon sa panahon ng emergency
- Kung akala mo insurance ang education plan, basahin mo ito
- Insurance para sa mahirap
- Bakit mahal ang VUL o investment-linked insurance
Mga bagay na dapat mong iwasan sa insurance
Ito ang listahan ng mga articles na isinulat ko at videos na nagawa ko tungkol sa VUL para makakuha tayo ng mas sulit at mas epektibong insurance coverage.
- Bakit mahal ang VUL?
- Bakit mas maganda ang BTID kaysa VUL?
- Epektibong paggawa ng BTID upang masulit ang pinaghirapang pera sa insurance at investment
- Paanong mas maliit ang fund value sa VUL kaysa sa BTID?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL kasi protected ka nito beyond 65 years old compared to term?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL para sa estate taxes?
- Why Not VUL?
- Anong gagawin ko kung may VUL na ako? Paano ko ito ititigil?
- Pagkakaiba ng savings sa VUL
- Mga terms and conditions na kailangang hanapin kung bibili ng VUL
- Paano pumili ng mabuting insurance agent
Different kinds of investments
Preparing for retirement
How are articles on retirement
- 10 Commandments of retirement
- Mga kinakatakutan ng retirees at paano ito paghahandaan
- Magkano ang matatanggap mong SSS pension upon retirement
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter