In 2019, Social Enterprise Development Partnerships, Inc. (SEDPI) and Ateneo Center for Social Entrepreneurship (ACSEnt) mounted series of events to fulfill their partnership agreement to promote social entrepreneurship in the Philippines.
SE Clinics with PwC
SEDPI and ACSent partnered with Isla Lipana & Co. Price Waterhouse Coopers Philippines (PwC) to conduct social impact clinics in key cities in Manila, Cebu, and Davao.
Small business owners, students and faculty members participated in the clinics. SEDPI and ACSent partnered with University of San Carlos which hosted the event on January 11, 2019. Ateneo de Davao was tapped for the Davao leg which was held on January 25, 2019. ACSent, located in Ateneo de Manila University, hosted the last leg held in Manila on February 22, 2019.
The event provided venue for those running an enterprise or wanting to get involved to access expert advice on social entrepreneurshio and network with other entrepreneurs.
Vince Rapisura, a lecturer from Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU) and president of Social Enterprise Development Partnerships, Inc. (SEDPI) was the lead facilitator of the events. A personal finance expert and social entrepreneurship specialist, he discussed social entrepreneurship, resource mobilization, and business strategies.
Ana Tan, Director of ACSEnt presented the social enterprise landscape during the clinics. Other resource speakers were Mr. Allan Cao, Mr. Dennis Bautista, and Ms. Rose Dale Ando from Isla Lipana & Co., Price Waterhouse Coopers Philippines. They shared their expertise on taxation, governance and compliance. They also provided tips on pitching and presenting in order to win investors.
Study and cultural visits for Singaporean students
ACSEnt hosted students from Ngee Ann Polytechnic of Singapore who were on a study and cultural visit to the Philippines. Vince Rapisura shared his experience and rigor on social enterprise development.
Social enterprise conversations
In an effort to bring together social enterprise practitioners in the country, SEDPI and ACSent pioneered social enterprise conversations. The event is envisioned to be a venue where important topics and issues concerning social enterprise development could be discussed and shared.
For its first offering held last September 30, 2019., Anna Meloto-Wilk of Human Nature,. Reese Fernandez-Ruiz of Rags2Riches, and Vince Rapisura of SEDPI shared challenges they faced as social entrepreneurs. They detailed out the struggles they faced behind the awards they recieved in the past decade.
Deepening social enterprise practice in the Philippines
SEDPI looks forward to more collaboration with ACSent in delivering valuable discussions and expanding engagements on social entrepreneurship. Both organizations believe that social entreprneurship should be the standard of doing business in the Philippines so that development objectives and financial sustainability are achieved and mutually reinforce each other.
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Mga bagay na dapat mong malaman sa insurance
Mga iba pang babasahin tungkol sa insurance:
- Iba’t-ibang klase ng insurance
- Must-have insurance for people in their 30s
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 1)
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 2)
- Anong insurance dapat mayroon ang mga bata?
- Gusto kong paghandaan ang future ng anak ko, tama bang investment-linked insurance ang kinuha ko?
- Paano gumagana ang ibinabayad na premium sa insurance para mabigyan tayo ng proteksyon sa panahon ng emergency
- Kung akala mo insurance ang education plan, basahin mo ito
- Insurance para sa mahirap
- Bakit mahal ang VUL o investment-linked insurance
Mga bagay na dapat mong iwasan sa insurance
Ito ang listahan ng mga articles na isinulat ko at videos na nagawa ko tungkol sa VUL para makakuha tayo ng mas sulit at mas epektibong insurance coverage.
- Bakit mahal ang VUL?
- Bakit mas maganda ang BTID kaysa VUL?
- Epektibong paggawa ng BTID upang masulit ang pinaghirapang pera sa insurance at investment
- Paanong mas maliit ang fund value sa VUL kaysa sa BTID?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL kasi protected ka nito beyond 65 years old compared to term?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL para sa estate taxes?
- Why Not VUL?
- Anong gagawin ko kung may VUL na ako? Paano ko ito ititigil?
- Pagkakaiba ng savings sa VUL
- Mga terms and conditions na kailangang hanapin kung bibili ng VUL
- Paano pumili ng mabuting insurance agent
Different kinds of investments
Preparing for retirement
How are articles on retirement
- 10 Commandments of retirement
- Mga kinakatakutan ng retirees at paano ito paghahandaan
- Magkano ang matatanggap mong SSS pension upon retirement
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter