Last January 12, Taal Volcano’s alert level quickly escalated from Alert Levels 2, 3 and 4 in a matter of hours. The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said at least 6,000 people have fled their homes. Evacuations in Talisay, Balete, and San Nicolas began in the same afternoon. Ashfall has been reported in areas outside Batangas, including Metro Manila.
The threat from another eruption persists within the 14 km radius from the crater. Because of this risk, Taal is currently still off-limits as experts’ advice that hazardous eruption is still possible. As of this writing, new fissures were spotted on the ground in Lemery, Agoncillo and San Nicolas.
The people affected by the eruption still need your help. SAFER Foundation is currently assisting in fundraising for its member NASSA/Caritas Philippines, in coordination with the Diocesan Social Action Centers (DSACs) of Lipa and Imus.
As SAFER Foundation’s Goodwill Ambassador, I would like to appeal to your good hearts to help out in times of need. I believe SAFER Foundation, in partnership with NASSA/Caritas Philippines, is one of the best choices for the Taal emergency.
They have contacts on ground and have carefully assessed what the beneficiaries need at this point. This is savings for time and energy as compared to donors actually going to the location to try to give aid without proper orientation and experience.
WAYS TO GIVE SUPPORT
Donate online: bit.ly/saferphtaal
Bank of the Philippine Islands
Account Name: Shared Aid Fund for Emergency Response, Inc.
Account Number: 3081-1194-21
For confirmation of your donation, kindly send your deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
For fundraising partnerships, email email@example.com
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Mga bagay na dapat mong malaman sa insurance
Mga iba pang babasahin tungkol sa insurance:
- Iba’t-ibang klase ng insurance
- Must-have insurance for people in their 30s
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 1)
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 2)
- Anong insurance dapat mayroon ang mga bata?
- Gusto kong paghandaan ang future ng anak ko, tama bang investment-linked insurance ang kinuha ko?
- Paano gumagana ang ibinabayad na premium sa insurance para mabigyan tayo ng proteksyon sa panahon ng emergency
- Kung akala mo insurance ang education plan, basahin mo ito
- Insurance para sa mahirap
- Bakit mahal ang VUL o investment-linked insurance
Mga bagay na dapat mong iwasan sa insurance
Ito ang listahan ng mga articles na isinulat ko at videos na nagawa ko tungkol sa VUL para makakuha tayo ng mas sulit at mas epektibong insurance coverage.
- Bakit mahal ang VUL?
- Bakit mas maganda ang BTID kaysa VUL?
- Epektibong paggawa ng BTID upang masulit ang pinaghirapang pera sa insurance at investment
- Paanong mas maliit ang fund value sa VUL kaysa sa BTID?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL kasi protected ka nito beyond 65 years old compared to term?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL para sa estate taxes?
- Why Not VUL?
- Anong gagawin ko kung may VUL na ako? Paano ko ito ititigil?
- Pagkakaiba ng savings sa VUL
- Mga terms and conditions na kailangang hanapin kung bibili ng VUL
- Paano pumili ng mabuting insurance agent
Different kinds of investments
Preparing for retirement
How are articles on retirement
- 10 Commandments of retirement
- Mga kinakatakutan ng retirees at paano ito paghahandaan
- Magkano ang matatanggap mong SSS pension upon retirement
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter