Social Enterprise Development Partnerships, Inc. (SEDPI) partnered with PTC-Carlos Salinas Jr. (PTC-CSJ) Foundation to deliver Financial Literacy sessions to Maritime track students potentially becoming seafarers and overseas workers in the future. PTC-CSJ Foundation is the social responsibility arm of Philippine Transmarine Carriers (PTC), one of the largest manning and crewing agency in the Philippines.
Muntinlupa National Highschool – Tunasan Annex Sessions
The first leg of the sessions was conducted last August 13 to 15, 2019 at Muntinlupa National Highschool – Tunasan Annex, Muntinlupa City. Each day, a total of 50 senior high school (SHS) maritime track students participated in the whole day sessions, totaling 150 students for the whole 3-day activity. Copies of books (L)earning Wealth: Successful Strategies in Money Management were distributed to the students.
Mr. Mariel Vincent Rapisura graced the event and gave a discussion on the value of saving and managing wealth.
Mr. Mariel Vincent Rapisura discussing the importance of Financial Literacy for teens
Three guests speakers who are alumni of Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship (LSE) course of Ateneo de Manila also graced the event. Lilian Salas, Analyn Bontilao, and Cath Ramos are both former OFWs. Lilian works as tour guide in Italy while Cath is a former domestic helper in Hong Kong. Analyn is also a former OFW who started her own business in the Philippines. They all shared their experience of hardships in managing finances abroad and the benefit of doing financial management for their families in the Philippines.
The event was also attended by Ms. Flory Tabio, executive director of PTC-CSJ Foundation. She discussed the things that PTC-CSJ do in order to promote seafaring as a professional career and the care they do for Filipino seafarers across the globe.
Attendees of the session for Day 1 at Muntinlupa National Highschool – Tunasan Annex (MNHS-TA)
Students of MNHS-TA with speakers Lilian Salas and Cath Ramos for the 2nd day of event
Participants for the 3rd day of session at MNHS-TA
Malayan Colleges Laguna Sessions
Financial Literacy sessions were also conducted at the Malayan Colleges Laguna (MCL) with Maritime track students under the College of Maritime Education and Training (CMET) as part of their College Week 2019 last September 24, 2019. The SEDPI team who delivered the sessions are Hector Manuel Jon Brizuela, Senior Program Officer of SEDPI, Lilian Salas, Cath Ramos, and Marco Tan, aeronautics engineer and financial literacy enthusiast.
The whole day session was attended by 200 BS Marine Transportation and Marine Engineering Students. Ms. Flory Tabio of PTC-CSJ Foundation was also present at the event. Prof. Edgardo Geguiento, Dean of CMET gave the opening remarks and explained the urgency of understanding financial literacy in the context of the maritime profession.
A total of 200 copies of (L)earning Wealth: Successful Strategies in Money Management were also distributed to the students.
Ms. Flory Tabio introducing the work of PTC and PTC-CSJ Foundation
Group Activities were conducted in aid of Financial Literacy Discussions.
Screen banner welcoming SEDPI Foundation for the Financial Literacy sessions.
Welcome screen banner for the SEDPI team. (L-R) Marco Tan, Cath Ramos, Lilian Salas, and Hector Brizuela
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Mga bagay na dapat mong malaman sa insurance
Mga iba pang babasahin tungkol sa insurance:
- Iba’t-ibang klase ng insurance
- Must-have insurance for people in their 30s
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 1)
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 2)
- Anong insurance dapat mayroon ang mga bata?
- Gusto kong paghandaan ang future ng anak ko, tama bang investment-linked insurance ang kinuha ko?
- Paano gumagana ang ibinabayad na premium sa insurance para mabigyan tayo ng proteksyon sa panahon ng emergency
- Kung akala mo insurance ang education plan, basahin mo ito
- Insurance para sa mahirap
- Bakit mahal ang VUL o investment-linked insurance
Mga bagay na dapat mong iwasan sa insurance
Ito ang listahan ng mga articles na isinulat ko at videos na nagawa ko tungkol sa VUL para makakuha tayo ng mas sulit at mas epektibong insurance coverage.
- Bakit mahal ang VUL?
- Bakit mas maganda ang BTID kaysa VUL?
- Epektibong paggawa ng BTID upang masulit ang pinaghirapang pera sa insurance at investment
- Paanong mas maliit ang fund value sa VUL kaysa sa BTID?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL kasi protected ka nito beyond 65 years old compared to term?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL para sa estate taxes?
- Why Not VUL?
- Anong gagawin ko kung may VUL na ako? Paano ko ito ititigil?
- Pagkakaiba ng savings sa VUL
- Mga terms and conditions na kailangang hanapin kung bibili ng VUL
- Paano pumili ng mabuting insurance agent
Different kinds of investments
Preparing for retirement
How are articles on retirement
- 10 Commandments of retirement
- Mga kinakatakutan ng retirees at paano ito paghahandaan
- Magkano ang matatanggap mong SSS pension upon retirement
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter