An important part of addressing delinquency for cooperatives is risk management — a systemic approach that includes identification and prioritization of risks, and implementation of strategies to mitigate the risks. This approach entails both the prevention of potential problems and early detection of actual problems of cooperatives.
Risk management is the focus of the third day of the credit competency training of seven credit cooperatives from Northern Luzon. The training was held in Northview Hotel, Laoag City, Ilocos Norte on February 20, 2020. The training aims to reduce delinquency and improve collection to ensure financial sustainability for cooperatives.
The cooperatives were trained on loan administration strategies, understanding risk management, understanding financial analysis, and measures of financial analysis.
For the loan administration strategies, the participants were asked to answer a questionnaire on delinquency prevention measures. The scores they got from the test have corresponding indications in their organization’s systems and policies on preventing delinquency. Most of the participants fell under the rating which indicates that they may be in a delinquency crisis.
To address their delinquency crisis, the cooperatives received important loan promotion and application tips and strategies from the trainers. The cooperatives learned the importance of highlighting incentives to clients as a result of flawless repayment behavior in loan promotion. They also learned to put emphasis on character and repayment behavior when administrating loan applications.
On the risk management topic, the participants were engaged in an activity where they were asked to illustrate the risk management process. They then discussed the four types of microfinance risks including financial management, operational, institutional, and external risks, and how to assess and approach each. The cooperatives learned about keys to effective risk management as well as the nine rules of risk management. The trainer reminded the participants that risk management is an ongoing process because vulnerabilities change over time.
For the financial management training, the trainers stressed on the significance of financial analysis in making financial decisions and achieving the goals of sustainability. The participants were able to review the basic financial statements and the importance of each.
To further strengthen and support the participants’ understanding of financial analysis, the trainers also discussed the measures of financial analysis. The participants’ active sharing of their actual experiences beefed up the discussion and made everyone able to take home valuable lessons.
Social Enterprise Development Partnerships, Inc. (SEDPI) was the successful bidder for this project under the Department of Agriculture’s Agricultural Credit Policy Council (ACPC). This was the first of six batches that were also held in Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal and Laguna.
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Mga bagay na dapat mong malaman sa insurance
Mga iba pang babasahin tungkol sa insurance:
- Iba’t-ibang klase ng insurance
- Must-have insurance for people in their 30s
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 1)
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 2)
- Anong insurance dapat mayroon ang mga bata?
- Gusto kong paghandaan ang future ng anak ko, tama bang investment-linked insurance ang kinuha ko?
- Paano gumagana ang ibinabayad na premium sa insurance para mabigyan tayo ng proteksyon sa panahon ng emergency
- Kung akala mo insurance ang education plan, basahin mo ito
- Insurance para sa mahirap
- Bakit mahal ang VUL o investment-linked insurance
Mga bagay na dapat mong iwasan sa insurance
Ito ang listahan ng mga articles na isinulat ko at videos na nagawa ko tungkol sa VUL para makakuha tayo ng mas sulit at mas epektibong insurance coverage.
- Bakit mahal ang VUL?
- Bakit mas maganda ang BTID kaysa VUL?
- Epektibong paggawa ng BTID upang masulit ang pinaghirapang pera sa insurance at investment
- Paanong mas maliit ang fund value sa VUL kaysa sa BTID?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL kasi protected ka nito beyond 65 years old compared to term?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL para sa estate taxes?
- Why Not VUL?
- Anong gagawin ko kung may VUL na ako? Paano ko ito ititigil?
- Pagkakaiba ng savings sa VUL
- Mga terms and conditions na kailangang hanapin kung bibili ng VUL
- Paano pumili ng mabuting insurance agent
Different kinds of investments
Preparing for retirement
How are articles on retirement
- 10 Commandments of retirement
- Mga kinakatakutan ng retirees at paano ito paghahandaan
- Magkano ang matatanggap mong SSS pension upon retirement
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter