Are you interested in development work in microfinance, social entrepreneurship, and financial education?
Position: Project-based senior program officer
Objective: Lead a small team to deliver capacity building services of SEDPI and the Ateneo-SEDPI Microfinance Capacity Building Program under the supervision of the President and Chief Executive Officer
Area: Nationwide with heavy exposure in Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sarangani and Sultan Kudarat
Status: Full time with at least 18 months contract
SEDPI is the premiere capacity building institution providing training, research and consulting services in the areas of microfinance, social entrepreneurship and financial literacy in the Philippines. Established in 2004, SEDPI worked in 31 countries worldwide and trained more than 35,000 individuals.
Vince Rapisura, SEDPI founder, is one of the finalists of the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2012. He also received recognition from PriceWaterhouseCoopers in 2015; National Confederation of Cooperatives in 2017; and Ateneo de Manila University in 2019.
- Lead the delivery of training, organizational appraisal and technical and mentoring under the supervision of the President and CEO
- Improve the contents of existing services based on market research and updated literature; and introduce delivery innovations in the conduct of services
- Liaise with institutions, agencies, organizations and networks to build track record of SEDPI and the Ateneo-SEDPI Microfinance Capacity Building Program
- Prepare project briefs and other documentation such as reportorial requirements or write ups of microfinance capacity building program projects
- Prepare correspondence, maintain an orderly filing system for each on-going project, and keep track of all administrative and technical requirements of each project
- Implement and lead field research for microfinance and microenterprise topics under the direction of the President and Chief Executive Officer
- At least 3 years of relevant development work experience
- College graduate
- Proficient in report writing
- Willing to travel in Mindanao area
The Project-based Senior Program Officer (PSPO) post is a mid-career position suited for those who are seeking to boost their experience in development work. Previous SEDPI staff in this position easily got hired in international NGOs or got scholarships abroad due to the wealth of experience gained.
Passion for development work and effectiveness in working in a team are given more weight than academic qualification or professional experience. SEDPI offers the opportunity to hold a position with development impact; be exposed to key players in the Philippine development sector; gain exposure in development initiatives all over the Philippines and join a successful team of young social entrepreneurs.
For interested individuals, kindly send your resume and application letter to email@example.com.
Kindly use the file naming convention described below when sending letter of intent and resume. Applicants who don’t follow will not be shortlisted.
- For the Letter of intent: lastname firstname loi pspo
- Example: rapisura mariel loi pspo
- For the resume: lastname firstname resume pspo
- Example: rapisura mariel resume pspo
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Sir Vince's Ultimate Guide to Money Management
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter