Update 16 of SEDPI’s Rapid Community Assessment (RCA)
January – March 2022
Two years from the COVID-19 lockdowns of 2020, only 26% of nanoenterprise resume normal operations. While most have resumed operations (96%), 70% of them said that their sales weakened due to lower market demand.
This year’s first quarter nanoenterprise status is slightly worse compared to the previous year which had 34% of nanoenterprises resuming normal operations and 65% experiencing weak sales.
In spite of this, 45% of nanoenterprises consider themselves as already recovered from the negative effects of the pandemic. However, this is still worse than the previous year’s first quarter performance of 57%.
During this period, Russia invaded Ukraine which saw pump prices of oil increase which leads to fear of a stronger than expected inflation for the year.
The number of nanoenterprises who said they already recovered from the negative effects of the pandemic as of the third quarter of 2022 grew from 50% to 77% compared to the same quarter last year. In December 2020, only 32% of nanoenterprises consider themselves as recovered.
The government’s target for initial vaccine dose is almost achieved and started rolling out booster shots to frontline health workers and individuals with comorbidities.
There were 4 confirmed, 5 probable and 5 suspected COVID cases out of the 1,378 for this 16th edition of SEDPI’s rapid community assessment since it began in March 2020. However, no hospitalization cases were reported.
Nanoenterprises are smaller than microenterprises. These are unregistered livelihoods of self-employed individuals that have capitalization of less than PhP50,000. SEDPI estimates that the vast majority of the entrepreneurial poor in the Philippines are nanoenterprises, at around 8 million.
- July 25, 2021 (Update 13): Nanoenterprise recovery almost doubles to 63% a year after lockdowns
- April 22, 2021 (Update 12): 1 out of 4 nanoenterprises adopted online selling in response to lockdowns
- January 20, 2021 (Update 11): Typhoon hampers bounce back of nanoenterprises in CARAGA
- July 17, 2020 (Update 10): Almost 4 in 10 nanoenterprises bounce back to pre-pandemic level
- June 12, 2020 (Update 9): Microenterprises show signs of bouncing back as lockdown eases
- May 28, 2020 (Update 8): 8 out of 10 microenterprises open for business one month after GCQ
- May 22, 2020 (Update 7): Demand for microenterprise products remain weak amid COVID pandemic
- May 15, 2020 (Update 6): Demand slumps on microenterprise products 2 weeks after GCQ
May 8, 2020 (Update 5): Only 5% of microenterprises back to “normal” in first week of GCQ
- April 30, 2020 (Update 4): Two in three microenterprises hopeful to bounce back two months after lockdow – UPDATE 4
- April 24, 2020 (Update 3): Community assessment and recommendations for support to microenterprises and the informal sector during and after COVID-19 – UPDATE 3
- April 14, 2020 (Update 2): Community assessment and recommendations for support to microenterprises and the informal sector during and after COVID-19 – UPDATE 2
- April 6, 2020 (Update 1): Community assessment and recommendations for support to microenterprises and the informal sector during and after COVID-19 – UPDATE 1
- March 30, 2020: Immediate impact of COVID-19 lockdown to microenterprises
Sources of information and practical tips on money management
Mga bagay na dapat mong malaman sa insurance
Mga iba pang babasahin tungkol sa insurance:
- Iba’t-ibang klase ng insurance
- Must-have insurance for people in their 30s
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 1)
- Ang pinakamatatag na insurance company sa Pilipinas (Part 2)
- Anong insurance dapat mayroon ang mga bata?
- Gusto kong paghandaan ang future ng anak ko, tama bang investment-linked insurance ang kinuha ko?
- Paano gumagana ang ibinabayad na premium sa insurance para mabigyan tayo ng proteksyon sa panahon ng emergency
- Kung akala mo insurance ang education plan, basahin mo ito
- Insurance para sa mahirap
- Bakit mahal ang VUL o investment-linked insurance
Mga bagay na dapat mong iwasan sa insurance
Ito ang listahan ng mga articles na isinulat ko at videos na nagawa ko tungkol sa VUL para makakuha tayo ng mas sulit at mas epektibong insurance coverage.
- Bakit mahal ang VUL?
- Bakit mas maganda ang BTID kaysa VUL?
- Epektibong paggawa ng BTID upang masulit ang pinaghirapang pera sa insurance at investment
- Paanong mas maliit ang fund value sa VUL kaysa sa BTID?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL kasi protected ka nito beyond 65 years old compared to term?
- Ok ba talaga ang VUL para sa estate taxes?
- Why Not VUL?
- Anong gagawin ko kung may VUL na ako? Paano ko ito ititigil?
- Pagkakaiba ng savings sa VUL
- Mga terms and conditions na kailangang hanapin kung bibili ng VUL
- Paano pumili ng mabuting insurance agent
Different kinds of investments
Preparing for retirement
How are articles on retirement
- 10 Commandments of retirement
- Mga kinakatakutan ng retirees at paano ito paghahandaan
- Magkano ang matatanggap mong SSS pension upon retirement
Watch videos on money management
Get in touch with Sir Vince
Join online groups of Sir Vince
Join Sir Vince blog newsletter